Saturday 10 November 2012

Muffinlicious

Muffins are the order of the day this week! I have really been enjoying playing with recipes I have found to match to the ingredients in my cupboard, and I think I hit gold this morning. Nothing like baking first thing in the morning so you can have something yummy for a (second) breakfast! (Can you tell I have a 5 month old early riser?!) I find these muffins are nice in the morning as they aren't super sweet, unlike your traditional cupcake which is more of an afternoon tea delicacy.

Cinnamon and Raisin Oaty Muffins

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup boiling water
1 2/3 cups SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
6 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp Cinnamon

For the tops
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)

Preheat Oven 200 Celsius

Put raisins, oats and boiling water into a bowl. Leave to soak.

Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Sift.

Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the tops of the cakes, put to one side.

Add eggs, milk and oil to the oats mixture. Lightly beat to combine.

Add wet mix to dry mix. Carefully fold until just combine. Dollop into muffin cases.

Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on to the tops of the muffins.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Scoff. Bet you don't stop at one.

No comments:

Post a Comment